The U6 FUNdamentals program is designed to introduce children to a quality soccer experience through physical literacy & technical development, within an enjoyable training and organized game play model.
- A 10 event Spring program, scheduled to begin in late April or early May
- A traditional 10 week Summer season, which is scheduled to begin in mid to late late June
- Fall program for U3-U5, which is scheduled to begin in mid September
This model is the best way for us to adapt our offerings and allow flexibility for families to determine the best fit for them.
Spring Recreational Program information:
Days & Locations:
- Days: to be confirmed based on program start date - we aim to offer a mid-week evening & weekend morning session
- Locations: Barrhaven/Manotick area before May 15
For the Spring season, we will attempt to mirror the Summer program as close as possible pending program enrollment and facilities utilized. A detailed program schedule will be provided to you in advance of our start date.
Summer Recreational Program information
Days: Game Night: Monday
Locations: Barrhaven, Manotick & Riverside South
Times: 6:30-7:30 pm
* note, for the U6 program, we may begin at 6 or 6:15 depending on fields and sunset times to assist with early bed times - final information will be communicated to you.
Team Size: 10 players
Players on Field: 5
Format: At U6 we offer a girls-exclusive & boys-exclusive team set-up
Ends April 10
Starts April 11
- Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks)
- Soccer ball (Size 3)
Year-End Festival: scheduled as the last activity for the summer season. Details will be sent to you directly
Fall Recreational Program information:
Dates: September 13 - October 31
U3-U12 - 2/week program - 12 sessions - Saturday Morning & Wednesday Evenings - $125
U13-U18 - 1/week games program - 6 weeks - Saturday Mornings @George Nelms Park - $80
Locations: Barrhaven & Manotick
Exact field & time allocations will be communicated to you in advance of our start date.
OSU’s Recreational Fall Program is focused on providing an introduction to skill development and a chance to play games outdoors during the months of September & October.
This is an optional once-a-week training session focusing on technical development and run by OSU staff coaches. Players must be registered in FUNdamentals to participate.
Day: TBD - likely Saturday mornings
Parents to Provide:
- Soccer shoes (cleats)
- Shin pads
Program Coordinator: Craig Stead
Coaching: Parent volunteers
Friend & Field Requests: Yes
Email to parents (program info): 1-2 weeks before our start date
Sessions are divided into a 30 min practice and 30 min game. Practices will include components of physical literacy and technical development. Games will consist of 2-15 minute halves with a 5 min halftime break. Games will be played in a 5v5 format.