Our U8 FUNdamentals program involves a blend of skills training & game play at their soccer event. Players will be able to enjoy playing within a team while developing their own individual skills.
- A 10 event Spring program, scheduled to begin in late April or early May
- A traditional 10 week Summer season, which is scheduled to begin in mid to late late June
- Fall program for U3-U5, which is scheduled to begin in mid September
This model is the best way for us to adapt our offerings and allow flexibility for families to determine the best fit for them.
Spring Recreational Program information:
Days & Locations:
- Days: to be confirmed based on program start date - we aim to offer a mid-week evening & weekend morning session
- Locations: Barrhaven/Manotick area before May 15
For the Spring season, we will attempt to mirror the Summer program as close as possible pending program enrollment and facilities utilized. A detailed program schedule will be provided to you in advance of our start date.
Summer Recreational Program information
Day: Summer Program Game Night: Wednesday (Girls) & Thursday (Boys)
Times (Approximate assumption from 2020 Summer Rec): 6:30-8:00 pm
Locations: Barrhaven, Manotick & Riverside South
Team Size: 12-14 players
Format: Boys Teams/League & Girls Teams/League (separate)
Ends April 10
Begins April 11
- Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks)
- Soccer ball (Size 3)
Year-End Festival: scheduled as the last activity for the summer season. Details will be sent to you directly
This is an optional once-a-week training session focusing on technical development and run by OSU staff coaches. Players must be registered in FUNdamentals to participate.
Day: Saturday mornings
Fall Recreational Program information:
Dates: September 13 - October 31
- U3-U12 - 2/week program - 12 sessions - Saturday Morning & Wednesday Evenings - $125
- U13-U18 - 1/week games program - 6 weeks - Saturday Mornings @George Nelms Park - $80
Locations: Barrhaven & Manotick
Exact field & time allocations will be communicated to you in advance of our start date.
OSU’s Recreational Fall Program is focused on providing an introduction to skill development and a chance to play games outdoors during the months of September & October.
Parents to Provide:
- Soccer shoes (cleats)
- Shin pads
Program Coordinator: Craig Stead
Coaching: Parent volunteers
Friend & Field Requests: Yes
Email to parents (program info): 3-4 weeks before start date, followed by 1-2 weeks before from your team coach or coordinator
Sessions are divided into a 30 minute practice and 50 minute game.
Practices will include components of physical literacy and technical development. Games will consist of 2-25 minute halves with a 5 min halftime break. Games will be played in a 6v6 format.