OSU’s U9 developmental soccer league continues building on the skills and lessons learned in FUNdamentals. Players will continue to develop their soccer skills through physical literacy & technical development in structured practices and organized games with an optional ‘Skills Night’ available.
- A 10 event Spring program, scheduled to begin in late April or early May
- A traditional 10 week Summer season, which is scheduled to begin in mid to late late June
- Fall program for U3-U5, which is scheduled to begin in mid September
This model is the best way for us to adapt our offerings and allow flexibility for families to determine the best fit for them.
Spring Recreational Program information:
Days & Locations:
- Days: to be confirmed based on program start date - we aim to offer a mid-week evening & weekend morning session
- Locations: Barrhaven/Manotick area before May 15
For the Spring season, we will attempt to mirror the Summer program as close as possible pending program enrollment and facilities utilized. A detailed program schedule will be provided to you in advance of our start date.
Summer Recreational Program information
Day: Summer Program Game Night: Tuesday (Boys) & Thursday (Girls)
Times (Approximate assumption from 2020 Summer Rec): 6:30-8:00 pm
Locations: Barrhaven, Manotick, Riverside South & Greely
Team Size: 14 players
Players on Field: 7
Format: Boys Teams/League & Girls Teams/League (separate)
Ends April 15
Begins April 16
- Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks)
Year-End Festival: scheduled as the last activity for the summer season. Details will be sent to you directly
This is an optional once-a-week training session focusing on technical development and run by OSU staff coaches. Players must be registered in U9 league play to participate.
Fall Recreational Program information:
Dates: September 13 - October 31
- U3-U12 - 2/week program - 12 sessions - Saturday Morning & Wednesday Evenings - $125
- U13-U18 - 1/week games program - 6 weeks - Saturday Mornings @George Nelms Park - $80
Locations: Barrhaven & Manotick
Exact field & time allocations will be communicated to you in advance of our start date.
OSU’s Recreational Fall Program is focused on providing an introduction to skill development and a chance to play games outdoors during the months of September & October.
Parents to Provide:
- Soccer shoes (cleats)
- Shin pads
Program Coordinator: Craig Stead
Coaching: Parent volunteers
Friend & Field Requests: Yes
Email to parents (program info): 1-2 weeks before our start date
Sessions are divided into a 30 minute practice and 50 minute game.
Practices will include components of physical literacy and technical development. Games will consist of 2-25 minute halves with a 5 min halftime break. Games will be played in a 7v7 format.