OSU OPDL Program Details
2019/2020 League Information
- League play will run from early May till early October
- Each team will have approximately 2 week summer break
- No games will be played on holiday long weekends
- The League will consist of combined home/away and central venue format.
- Game days for OPDL teams will be:
- U13 & U15 Boys and Girls play on Saturdays
- U14 & U17 Boys and Girls will play on Sundays.
- Inter-league rounds will continue to be played at neutral, university venues. This allows the OSA, CSA and other soccer development personnel to target resources on these dates for dedicated assessment.
- OSA technical staff will still be on site on OPDL weekends monitoring play and observing adherence to OPDL technical standards. The inter-league dates will be when OSA technical staff will be able to focus heavily on observing the development of the players and working with the club technical staff to drive development.
- OSU Force Academy OPDL teams will train a minimum of 3 times per week ( Indoor / Preseason / in Season )
- Additional fitness sessions will be added through the yearly programming
OPDL Program Yearly Cost : $4,250
- U14-U17: 11 Total Payments (Deposit + 10 Installments)
- U13: 11 Total Payments (Deposit + 10 Installments).
The OPDL demands a substantial time and cost commitment. This High Performance League significantly raises the bar on the intensity of:
- Indoor / Outdoor training
- Mandatory sport science
- Video Analysis
- National Level Head Coaches
- Provincial Level Assistant coaches
- Goalkeeper Coach
- Fitness Experts
- Length of the season
- Indoor / Outdoor facility rental
- Referee Costs
- League fees
OSU's OPDL program cost is broken down into a monthly payment plan.
Please note that this is a payment plan and not simply a monthly fee. The fees cover all training and games till the end of the OPDL season which typicaly finishes end of September.
Included in the Year round OPDL Fees:
- All Club Registration Fees
- Winter Program Registration
- Exhibition game cost ( in Ottawa )
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- Goalkeeper Coach
- Fitness Program
- Athletic Therapist / Physio
- Artificial Indoor /Outdoor Facility Rental
- OPDL League fees & Referee fees
- EODSA/OSA Player Registration Fees
Not Included in the Year round OPDL Fees:
- Additional Optional Training Programs such as Summer Camps, Technique School, Striker School, etc…
- Travel costs
- Coaches travel Costs
- Additional tournament play
OPDL Hardship Program Financial Assistance
Through the Ontario Soccer , the OPDL offers financial assistance program to players who may be not be able to participate due to financial barriers. Applications must be submitted between December and February through OSU for consideration and not directly to Ontario Soccer / OPDL. If application is successful, applicants are eligible to receive a grant that covers the OPDL league fee component of the player's club fee.